Monday, May 30, 2011

a mild case of homesickness....

So far we've seen Andalucia in all of it's splendor. I visited the Alhambra Palace in Granada, which absolutely took my breath away. I was taken aback by the lush gardens which covered almost every inch of this place. Flowers of all colors and sizes in bloom all over me really made me feel like I was in a fairy tale...mostly because I wondered how on earth these gardens are kept when I cant even keep a orchid alive in my apartment. The palaces in this place are gorgeous. They are gigantic and the detail in every little stone is mesmerizing.



Today we saw the Mezquita in Cordoba. I can genuinely say I am at a loss for words. Indescribable in every sense. There is so much history in this place it gives me the chills. I was really impressed with the beautiful architecture and the attention to detail of this mosque, which is now a cathedral.



We are already back in Sevilla, and although I had an amazing time in Granada and Cordoba, I can honestly say I'm so glad to be back. I missed my bed and my bathroom. It seems as though showering in this country is rather optional. Showers are miniscule and almost impossible to bathe in. I feel "at home" in Seville even though I have already been bitten by the homesick bug. I miss my family and my own bed. 

I do have to say this before I explode: the service here is pretty awful. I've never felt like such an inconvenience. Heaven forbid you order an additional basket of bread for the table because that seems to be a crime here and for a country where olive oil runs like raging rivers, they seem to be pretty stingy about it.

Regardless, it has been an amazing trip so far and I can't wait to see Italica tomorrow. I'll post some pictures up soon. Until then....


Cheers from Seville !

No comments:

Post a Comment