Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I don't think I've ever walked so much in my life...to the point where the skin on my feet is peeling off....LOVELY. But I'm not going to complain because unlike the other students who are staying in the Naranjo, I get to walk by Las Setas every morning...it doesn't get much cooler than this.


Being able to share this incredible city with really cool people has been an awesome experience. The sights are breathtaking and the food is on another level. 

I've had the privilege of seeing the Catedral de Sevilla up close and personal and there are just no words to explain the grandeur of this architectural masterpiece. The Giralda is really beautiful and the view from the top is very much worth the 34 stories you have to climb to get up there.


Today, we visted the University of Sevilla's School of Communications, which happens to be the best in Spain. We had the pleasure of meeting three professors who spoke to us mainly about the presence of Spain in the United States and also gave us some information about research projects they are involved with. The school was extremely well equipped with the latest technologies in communications. 

What an amazing place Sevilla is! Everything so far has been more than expected. I came with he notion this would be a city where everyone went to bed early and all there was to do was visit famous landmarks. I have been here three days and have been completely taken aback by the beauty of its architecture, the warmth of its people (especially the men, who seem to have an extreme adoration towards foreign women), and most of all by the food! I will definitely be coming back home a little heavier.

 

Cheers from Sevilla <3





No comments:

Post a Comment